Indoor Soccer Tournament Rules
USSF Outdoor Rules will be played but with the following exceptions:
- No Offsides.
- No slide tackling. (This is not applicable to a keeper sliding in his own box. Sliding to stop, trap, kick, or pass the ball when there is clearly no danger to an opponent is not slide tacking and is permitted. All other slide tackles (including ones in the box) will result in an indirect free kick.) Violations will result in an indirect kick.
- Indirect Kick-ins will be used instead of throw-ins.
- The defenders must be 5 yards from the ball on all kicks.
- If the ball hits any of the nets above the field, it will be an indirect kick for the opposing team, closest to the spot where it hit.
- U-13 age bracket and older will play 7 versus 7 (6 field players plus a goalkeeper).
- U-12 age bracket and younger will play 8 versus 8 (7 field players plus a goalkeeper).
- Co-ed teams must have a minimum of 3 females on the field (not including the GK) at all times.
- Goalkeepers are not allowed to punt from their hands or drop kick the ball.
- The penalty kick for hand balls or direct fouls in the box will be placed at the top of the goal box.
- Must be at least 18 to be manager/coach of a team.
- No gum, food, or drink will be allowed on the field. Any player who is caught will be asked to leave the fields immediately.
- No spitting on the field
- No substituting on the fly. There must be a stoppage of play and you must have the referees permission per USSF rules
- No outdoor cleats allowed. Shin guards are mandatory
- Yellow cards and red cards will be issued at the referees’ discretion. Two yellow cards during the same game will result in an immediate ejection from the game.
Tiebreaker sequence is as follows:
- 1) Goal differential (Goals for – goals against) 2) Goals for 3) Goals against 4) Head to head 5) Penalty kicks (1 for 1)
- If more than 2 teams are tied then coaches will choose numbers to see the order in which they will shoot. Once a team shoots their goalkeeper will go in goal. The rotation will continue for all of the rounds until a winter is decided
- If time is allotted for the final, a 5 minute golden goal overtime will be played and then a penalty kick shootout (5 players) to determine the winner of the final game.