Play of Game
- Play of Game – Girls Lacrosse
- 7 v 7 ( 6 field players and a goalie)
- On draw, only 2 players in center. Other field players must be behind the goal line until possession is established
- 2 players in defensive zone at all times
- Midline becomes back court once ball is cleared
- Score and standings will be kept
- No passes are required.
- Goalie cannot score a goal.
- Draw after goals
- Minimum of 7 players, no maximum
- Adult required to be on the field as coach\manager
- The game clock starts at scheduled time. Teams must be ready to play on time.
- Two – 26 minute running-time halves and 2 minute halftime to change sides.
Girls = Middle School = Modified Checking below the shoulder only
Girls = High School = USL\NFHS checking
Boys = LIMITED body checking. Do not knock players down.
Penalties for cards
2 minute mandatory penalties for check to the head, slash, dangerous propelling, dangerous follow-through and dangerous contact. Pushing player into side walls or nets is a mandatory card. Official may award yellow card for repeated major fouls, particularly rough & dangerous play, and unsporting behavior.
All penalty time served in full. Penalty time begins when player is in box and will be kept on the scoreboard.
4 personals = removal from the game and is issued a 2 game suspension. Two – 2 game suspension equals a season suspension.
If a player fights or is belligerent in any way, he/she will be expelled from the league permanently without exception and without refund.
New 2017-2018 rules
Self-start after foul permitted (not within 12 M of goal)
- Ref does not have to blow whistle to re-start play outside critical scoring area (12M from goal)
- Defensive players must still move 4 M away. If attacker self-starts before defenders are 4M away, defenders may not engage until they are where they should have been. Engaging early = major foul
- Player must self-start within a 1 ½ stick lengths of the spot of the foul and must settle – come to brief stop with both feet on ground – before self-starting
No player may be within 8M of Goal circle on an 8M free position or within the box below the goal line extending from the 8M hash marks on the GL to the end-line.
Shots on goal will count as long as the shot is released before the horn blows.
Players can use their feet to kick a ball except towards the goal to score. Standing on the ball is the minor foul of covering.
CFC BOYS HIGH SHOOL RULES
(NFHS with the following modifications)
- Games – 7 v7 – 52 Minute Running time (2-26 min halves with 2 min halftime)
- Timeouts – NONE
- Counts –only Goalie 4 second count
- Over & Back – In affect after crossing midline
- Substitutions – Are “on the fly” through the box
- Time Serving :45 running for 30 second penalties, and 1:15 running for 1 minute penalites. Coaches keep times.
- Flag Down Slow Whistle – continuation-per NCAA (applies this year to HS)
- Slashing –Must be controlled. Official’s discretion.
- Body Checks – LIMITED CHECKING, TRY TO HAVE TEAM PLAY THE BALL. Over aggressive play will NOT BE TOLERATED. No “riding out” along sidelines!
- Alternate Possession – award first to team winning opening faceoff.
- Sportsmanship – Cheap shots and dirty play may result in expulsion from the game
- Fights – Any type of fighting will result in expulsion from the game and reported to the League Management for further action.
- Tie Games – 1 minute BRAVEHEART (Goalie + 2). If time expires on the Braveheart, the game ends in a tie. Tie Breakers for the division are in the following order: Record, Head to head competition, goal differential, goals against, and finally goals for.
- Coaches -Are expected to have complete control over their team and spectators. They should try to refrain from yelling at officials.
USSF Outdoor Rules will be played but with the following exceptions:
- No Offsides.
- No slide tackling. (This is not applicable to a keeper sliding in his own box. Sliding to stop, trap, kick, or pass the ball when there is clearly no danger to an opponent is not slide tacking and is permitted. All other slide tackles (including ones in the box) will result in an indirect free kick.) Violations will result in an indirect kick.
- Two – 26 minute halves will be played with running time.
- Indirect Kick-ins will be used instead of throw-ins.
- The defenders must be 5 yards from the ball on all kicks.
- If the ball hits any of the nets above the field, it will be an indirect kick for the opposing team, closest to the spot where it hit.
- U-13 age bracket and older will play 7 versus 7 (6 field players plus a goalkeeper).
- U-12 age bracket and younger will play 8 versus 8 (7 field players plus a goalkeeper).
- Co-ed teams must have a minimum of 3 females on the field (not including the GK) at all times.
- Goalkeepers are not allowed to punt from their hands or drop kick the ball.
- The penalty kick for hand balls or direct fouls in the box will be placed at the top of the goal box.
- Must be at least 18 to be manager/coach of a team.
- No gum, food, or drink will be allowed on the field. Any player who is caught will be asked to leave the fields immediately.
- No substituting on the fly. There must be a stoppage of play and you must have the referees permission per USSF rules
- No cleats allowed
- No Spitting
- Yellow cards and red cards will be issued at the referees’ discretion. Two yellow cards during the same game will result in an immediate ejection from the game. Three yellow cards accumulated during the season will result in a one game suspension. Five yellow cards accumulated during the season will result in a three game suspension. A red card at any time will result in an immediate ejection from the game, a minimum one game suspension and they cannot play the rest of the night. Red cards given for fighting or verbal abuse of referee can carry at least a 2 game suspension. An instigator of a fight (if determined) will receive at least a 3 game suspension.